Letters from Butterfield & Swire Shanghai office to John Swire and Sons London office concerning staff. Includes correspondence concerning; accommodation allowances; repatriation; repatriation of internees; staff health and illness; accident and medical insurance; inflation and high cost of living and allowances including lists of living expenses for individual members of staff; employment terms and conditions; resuming Chinese language classes for staff members; taxation. See JSSII 7/4/57/6 for name and subject index.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb102-jss/jss/2/7/4/57/07
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 102 JSS/2/7/4/57/07
- Alternative Id.GB 102 JSSII 7/4/57/7
- Former ReferenceGB 102 Staff Letters No. 48
- Dates of Creation1946
- Physical Description1 folder
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Access
File closed under Data Protection Act until 1st January 2027
Conditions Governing Use
Copying for personal research purposes is permitted. Please contact the archivist for all publication requests.
Copyright is owned by John Swire & Sons, Ltd, 59 Buckingham Gate, London, SW1E 6AJ