Letters sent from Butterfield & Swire Hong Kong and Shanghai offices to John Swire and Sons London office concerning staff. Includes letters documenting; leave; staff appointments and vacancies; staff replacements; staff movements; salaries; expenses; staff illness; staff Chinese language classes; female members of staff. File has been indexed by surname and subject.
Staff Letters from Butterfield & Swire to John Swire and Sons
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 102 JSS/2/7/4/33/01
- Alternative Id.GB 102 JSSII 7/4/33/1
- Former ReferenceGB 102 1126 (Staff Letters No. 27)
- Dates of Creation1923
- Physical Description0.5 box
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Use
Copying for personal research purposes is permitted. Please contact the archivist for all publication requests.
Copyright is owned by John Swire & Sons, Ltd, 59 Buckingham Gate, London, SW1E 6AJ