The collection at E2006.44 contains lecture notes taken while Sutherland attended Edinburgh University in the late-1940s and early-1950s. The material includes:
- - Minute Book of the Dining Club
- - Lecture notes on Evidence and Pleading
- - Lecture notes on Political Science
- - Lecture notes on Conveyancing, International Private Law
- - Lecture notes on Scots Law
- - Material on the Theory of Money, Public Finance, a criticism of Keynes, and the Trade Cycle
- - Material on International Trade, Production and Distribution
- - Typewritten notes on Constitutional Law and Constitutional History
- - Papers from the Hague Academy of International Law, Jurisprudence class summaries
- - Lecture notes on Roman Law, London University
The notes were taken during Edinburgh University lectures/sessions presented by, among others: Mr. Nobbs, Professor Gray, Professor Richard Pares, Dr. Mary Rankin, Professor H. Monteath, Dr. Robert Taylor Q.C., Professor Montgomerie, Professor L. J. Saunders, Professor Campbell, Mr. Marwick, Mr Fraser (Lord Fraser), Miss Stewart, and Mr. Birnie.
At E2006.13 there is: a handbook for users of the Edinburgh University Union from circa 1952; a copy of The seventh faculty by James L. Whitehead, a piece about the University Union written in 1957; and, a ms letter.