Minutes of the Nationalised Industries Chairmen's meetings, general meetings, Standing Committee, NICG council, Advisory Committee; organisational papers; papers relating to policy and relations with Government, the Finance Panel, the Nationalised Industries Overseas Group, the European Panel; reports; and papers relating to public enquiries.
Nationalised Industries Chairmen's Group
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The Nationalised Industries Chairmen's Group represented the views of the nationalised industries, and its representatives worked with the government, the CBI and the Trades Unions. After 1976, the structure of the group became more formalised, with the establishment of the Standing Committee, Council, Advisory Committee and Finance Panel. The Nationalised Industries Overseas Group and the European Panel undertook the co-ordination of the group's work abroad.
This collection is arranged in 12 sections:
1. Nationalised Industries Chairmen's Meetings, 1973-1975.
2. General Meetings, 1976-1978.
3. Standing Committee, 1976-1978.
4. NICG Council, 1978-1979.
5. Advisory Committee, 1978-1989.
6. Organisational Papers, 1973-1990.
7. Relations with Government, 1977-1989.
8. Finance Panel, 1977-1986.
9. Nationalised Industries Overseas Group, 1976-1990.
10. European Panel, 1972-1989.
11. Reports, 1980s.
12. Papers relating to Public Enquiries, 1986-1988.
Conditions Governing Access
Other Finding Aids
Printed handlist and online catalogue available.
Output from CAIRS using template 14 and checked by hand on May 29, 2002
Conditions Governing Use
COPYRIGHT IS HELD BY THE LIBRARY.