Comprises a contemporary English poem in praise of the virtues of Queen Caroline.
On her majesty's birth day : a poem on Queen Caroline's birthday, by Stephen Duck
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Brotherton Collection MS Lt 111
- Dates of Creationca. 1735
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description2 ff. conjoined, manuscript, together with an engraving of Stephen Duck on a separate sheet of paper. Written in a single eighteenth-century hand, and endorsed in another hand on f.2v, thus: 'Duck's poem on Queen's birth-day'.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Stephen Duck (1705-1756) was a poet who was made yeoman of the guard by Queen Caroline in 1733. For fuller details of his life and writings see the Dictionary of National Biography.
Access is unrestricted.
Purchased from Heath's bookshop on 18 June 1996.
Other Finding Aids
The poem is indexed in the BCMSV database http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/bcmsv/bcmvlink.htm#bclt111