2 medals (1813, 1914-1918); Training manual (1915); 5 photographs (1916-ca. 1918); Sketch in pen and ink of aerial view (nd); Press cutting relating to his release from internment during the Second World War (3 March 1941); Manuscript recollections (June 1979); Typed transcript of an interview recorded with Peter Liddle (April 1980).
Willy Oelsner papers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Liddle Collection GE 22
- Dates of Creation1813-1980
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 box; manuscript, typescript, photographs, a press cutting, and printed material. Includes 2 medals.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Willy G. Oelsner, born at Lodz, Poland in 1897, was a Sergeant, Mounted Light Infantry and later 51st and 274th Field Artillery Regiment. He later became a Reverend Doctor, settled in England, and was briefly interned during the Second World War.
Conditions Governing Access
Access is unrestricted.
The papers were placed in the Collection by the Reverend Dr W.G. Oelsner.
Other Finding Aids
German catalogue (hard copy) http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/liddle/index.htm
Alternative Form Available