Memorandum on teaching Sociology at Makerere, Uganda, with related material, including diaries, letters, statistical materialand social surveys, 1951-1970, [1978-1984] (some photocopies).
Memorandum of Dr. J.E. Goldthorpe
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Afr. s. 1825 (37) (Boxes XI-XX)
- Dates of Creation1951-1970, [1978-1984]
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description10 boxes
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Dr. John E. Goldthorpe taught Sociology at Makerere, Uganda, 1951-1962.
Restricted access on some files, and donor's embargo on reproduction of material (see handlist).
Other Finding Aids
Listed as no. 811 (37) in Manuscript Collections in Rhodes House Library Oxford, Accessions 1978-1994 (Oxford, Bodleian Library, 1996). A handlist is also available in the library reading room.