Speeches, 1945-1963 including sets of notes on various topics including trade-unionism, Socialism, politics, industry and economics.
D J Williams collection
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb217-swcc:mnc/pp/30
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 217 SWCC : MNC/PP/30
- Dates of Creation1945-1963
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 file
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Papers collected by D J Williams. David James Williams was born in 1897 and was a miner. He was a student at both the Central Labour College and Ruskin College. He was a checkweigher in the Fife Coalfield in 1926. D J Williams was also secretary of the Gwaun-cae-Gurwen Joint Lodges Committee in the 1930s and later became an Executive Council Member of the SouthWales Miners' Federation (SWMF) and the miners' sponsored Labour MP for Neath 1945-1964. He died in 1972.
Conditions Governing Access
Accessible to all researchers by appointment. Please note that somecollections contain sensitive information and access may be restricted.