The collection is composed of a 3-volume treatise in typescript, and some 55 colour plates of wild horses of the Ethiopian region.
Material relating to the Wild Horses of the Ethiopian Region
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb237-coll-792
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 237 Coll-792
- Dates of Creation1896-1897
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description5 volumes, 1 bundle (including c. 55 colour plates). Access to records in a fragile condition may be restricted.
- LocationMSS 2616-2621
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
J. P. Prazak submitted his research entitled A study on the wild horses of the Ethiopian region to Edinburgh University. The work was done 1896-1897.
Conditions Governing Access
Generally open for consultation to bona fide researchers, but please contact repository for details in advance.
Volume contains a letter from Sir William Turner indicating retrieval of works from Professor Cossar Ewart, 1909.
The biographical/administrative history was compiled using material contained within the collection.
Compiled by Graeme D Eddie, Edinburgh University Library, Special Collections Division.
Other Finding Aids
Important finding aids generally are: the alphabetical Index to Manuscripts held at Edinburgh University Library, Special Collections and Archives, consisting of typed slips in sheaf binders and to which additions were made until 1987; and the Index to Accessions Since 1987.
Check the local Indexes for details of any additions.