Letter, written from Talgarth Hall, Pennal, Machynlleth, [Wales], 25 Nov, no year, but she was Chairwoman of the Writer's Club in 1898. Apologises for her deficiencies as Chairwoman. Comments on proposed new rules for Club, foreseeing difficulty with the 30 members. Proposes a House Committee, as in a man's club, which has powers to suspend members pending enquiry. Club suffers from 'feminine insubordination'. 'Really it is the discipline we want'.
Flora Annie Steel to Miss Routledge
- For more information, email the repository
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb106-6wcw/6wcw/12/7
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 106 6WCW/12/7
- Dates of Creation25 Nov 1898
- Physical Description1 item