Modern calligraphy and illumination by Miss Brown, in a series of six volumes on Shakespearian themes, 1976-85, with her first illuminated book, 1929; limp parchment bindings by Miss Brown, with calligraphic titles.
Modern Calligraphy and Illumination by Miss Rosalie May Brown
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb161-mss.eng.misc.d.1348-54
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Eng. misc. d. 1348-54
- Dates of Creation1929-85
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description7 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Miss Rosalie May Brown (b 1912) was a calligrapher.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The volumes were given to the Library by Miss Brown in 1986.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
A full description is available in the Library.