- MS draft of Hilaire Belloc's poem, To The Balliol Men still in Africa. ND, 1l.
- Album of newspaper cuttings of contributions by Hilaire Belloc to various newspapers 1909-1914 and in a separate section similar by Andrew Lang 1909-1910.
- 2 letters by Hilaire Belloc to Collin Brooks (1893-1959, broadcaster and writer), 1933. Re Brooks' dedication of his book The Economics of Human Happiness, pub. 1933, to Belloc, and discussion of the book's main themes.
Papers relating to Hilaire Belloc (1870-1953, Balliol 1892), poet, journalist and writer
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3107 Belloc Papers
- Dates of Creationearly C20, 1933
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 box
- Direct Link
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Access
This material is open to researchers.
Poem draft presented to the College by Mr Douglas Woodruff in 1953.
Cuttings album: provenance unknown.
Letters: bought by the College from Blackwells Rare Books in 2017.
Other Finding Aids
Conditions Governing Use
Reprographics policy: http://archives.balliol.ox.ac.uk/Services/policy-repro.asp
This material will be retained permanently.
Location of Originals
This material is original.