Letters and instructions re commemorative scrolls, 1917-1918, 4 letters and 4 notes and cards from Graily Hewitt, 1912-1934, and photographs of 2 manuscripts - one medieval and one from the 1930s.
Letters and documents received by Noel Rooke
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 2941 ROO
- Dates of Creation1912 - 1934
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 file.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Noel Rooke (1881-1953) was appointed head of the school of book production at the Central School of Arts and Crafts in 1914, and was a pioneer of the modern movement of wood-engraving.
- ROO/1 Letters and instructions re commemorative scrolls 1917-1918
- ROO/2 Letters and notes from Graily Hewitt 1912-1934
- ROO/3 Photographs of manuscripts [20th century]
Archive material may be viewed by appointment only.
This entry was compiled by Greta Bertram, Crafts Study Centre Curator, June 2020.
Other Finding Aids
Catalogue on Crafts Study Centre database. A pdf copy is available on request.
Conditions Governing Use
Written permission must be sought before any archival material is published.