- Matriculation cards, 1931-1939
- Class tickets, 1931-1935
- Certificates, 1931-1937
- Lecture notes, 1931-1934
- PhD thesis, Oils from Cannel Coal , 1939
- Glasgow University Union diaries, 1931-1934
- Correspondence, 1930-1946
- Reports written by David M Wilson, 1934-1938
- Andersonian Chemical Society membership cards, 1934-1938
- Glasgow University Athletic Club membership cards, 1931-1939
- Royal Technical College membership and syllabus cards, 1932-1938
- Publications, 1932-1951
Papers of David Mills Wilson, University graduate, University of Glasgow, Scotland
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
David Mills Wilson was born on 7 December 1913 and attended the University of Glasgow from 1931-1940.
He first attended from 1931-1935, graduating BSc in Engineering in 1935. During his BSc he took the following classes:
- 1931- 1932: Mathematics, Natural Philosophy and Chemistry
- 1932- 1933: Practical Physics (Advanced), Advanced Inorganic and Physical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry
- 1933- 1934: Mathematics, Advanced Inorganic and Physical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Engineering
- 1934- 1935: Gen. Technical Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Engineering (Drawing).
Wilson returned to the University to study towards a PhD and graduated on 28 June 1940. His thesis, Oils from cannel coal , can be found in the University Library .
After graduating Wilson became an engineer, and went on to lecture at the University of Edinburgh. He passed away in May 2012.
Listed by box. Items are generally listed in their original order
Conditions Governing Access
Open, subject to the Data Protection Act 1998
Gift : Allison Naismith : 26 Oct 2010 : ACCN 3716
Collection box listed by Elva McLean, volunteer cataloguer, 25 Nov 2012. Collection level description created by Emma Yan, Assistant Archivist (Accessions), 10 Dec 2012
Other Finding Aids
File list available by request to the Duty Archivist