Note on the cover reads 'Cairo - El Arish Road 1935-1940'. Hand-drawn map inside front cover showing 'The new asphalt road' between Cairo and Jerusalem. Newspaper cuttings about the road and 138 captioned black and white photos. Also contains two typescripts entitled 'Sinai road construction' (4p) and 'Pioneering in the desert' (3p).
Album labelled 'La nouvelle route T[ ] - Sinaïq[ ] Egypte - Palestine est terminée' and 'Egypt'
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 275 Photographs/Allan/A/A5
- Dates of Creation1935–1940
- Physical Description138 black and white photos
Scope and Content