Entitled 'The Eagles'. Group photographs of members of The Eagles sports club. Originally founded as The Eagles Lawn Tennis Club in 1876 for the blues of St John's, it slowly accepted membership from other College sports teams. By the early 1890's it had become more of a social society. The album contains annual photographs of the club with lists of those present, together with a note of newly elected members. The results of the tennis matches played are also given up to 1889.
Photograph Album 16
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 275 Photographs/Albums/Album 16
- Dates of Creation1876–1906
- Physical Description32 Front cover has become unattached to the album. photograph
Scope and Content
Formerly in the possession of Sir Robert Scott, Master of St John's. Presented to the library by Mr Glover, 1934.