Contains Captain George Aptall's personal account of his misadventures in the Eastern Mediterranean, signed by him on 17 October 1715.
Diary of the adventures of a merchant captain in the Mediterranean, 1711-1715, compiled by George Aptall
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb206-brothertoncollectionmstrv1
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Brotherton Collection MS Trv 1
- Dates of Creation1715
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 vol. (53pp.), manuscript. Written in a single neat eighteenth-century hand, probably autograph. Sewn together as a single gathering within paper covers. Pp.54-56 are blank.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The compiler of this manuscript is not otherwise known.
Conditions Governing Access
Access is unrestricted.
Purchased from Maggs Brothers Ltd on 27 April 1961.