Enlarged microfilm copies and photocopies of Propertius's works, used by E.A. Barber for his edition of Propertius.
Copies of Properti carmina
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Eric Arthur Barber (1888-1965) was a classical scholar. Details are given in Who Was Who. Sextus Propertius (? 47 BC-? 16 BC), Roman poet.
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The copies were given to the Library by E.A. Barber's son in 1965.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
A full description is available in the Library.
Conditions Governing Use
Copies may be made only with the permission of the owners.
The originals are located as follows:
- MS. Facs. d. 131 - Deventer I. 82 (1792)
- MS. Facs. d. 132 - Leiden Voss. Lat. Q. 117
- MS. Facs. d. 133 - Leiden Voss. Lat. O. 38
- MS. Facs. d. 134 - Paris, Bibliothque Nationale Lat. 7989, pp. 44-131