Letters from Kingsley Amis to Philip Larkin, including many cartoon sketches (especially 1946-51), and some poems.
Letters of Kingsley Amis to Philip Larkin
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb161-mss.eng.c.6044-54
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Eng. c. 6044-54
- Dates of Creation1944-85
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description11 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Philip Larkin (1922-1985) was a poet. Details are given in the Dictionary of National Biography. Kingsley Amis (1922-1995) was a novelist and literary critic. Details are given in Who Was Who.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The letters were bequeathed to the Library by Philip Larkin, 1985.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
A full description is available in the Library.