All scores are wholly autograph, with the exception of some full scores which were prepared with the help of an amanuensis; these have been indicated as partly autograph.
Britten Manuscripts: Musical compositions of Benjamin Britten
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 2027 Add MS 60593-60626
- Alternative Id.(ark) ark:/81055/vdc_100000000036.0x000132
- Dates of Creation1925-1979
- Language of MaterialEnglish Latin
- Physical Description34 volumes
Scope and Content
Restrictions to access apply please consult British Library staff
Not Public Record(s)
Accepted by the Treasury in satisfaction of Capital Transfer Tax and allocated to the British Library.
Alternative Form Available
Digital facsimiles are available online at http://www.bl.uk/manuscripts and a microfilm copy is available for reference at the British Library (shelfmark M. 881/1-5).
Conditions Governing Use
These manuscripts are normally held, on loan, at the Britten-Pears Library, Aldeburgh, but they are currently available at the British Library while the Britten-Pears Library completes building work.