Transcript of a translation of the Dialogue of The Elders, made in 1865 by Joseph O'Longan from The Book of Lismore (folios 200-242)in the Library of the Royal Irish Academy. See Rylands Irish MS 117 for a transcriptionof this work in Irish by O'Longan, entitled Agallaimh na Seanorach.
Transcript of the Dialogue of The Elders
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 Eng MS 504
- Alternative Id.GB 133 Irish MS 116
- Dates of Creation1871
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description230 x 185 mm. 1 volume (249 folios); Binding: half-bound in green calf, buckram-covered boards.
Scope and Content
Location of Originals
The Book of Lismore, or Leabhar Mhic Cárthaigh Riabhaigh was discovered in 1814 at Lismore Castle, Ireland. In 1930 the manuscript was transferred to Chatsworth House the Derbyshire seat of the Duke of Devonshire (the owner of Lismore Castle).