- MS 1547/25;D Letter to George Marston [Voyage from New Zealand, plans for expedition, message from Trygve Gran on reverse of envelopes and reference to Day's diary] 6 leaves
- MS 342/21/1-4;D Letters (4) to Reginald Skelton, 21 March to 31 May 1910 [Motor sledge trials, Letter of 20 April encloses photographs of the sledge] 12 leaves, holograph
- MS 1286;D Letter to Reginald Skelton, 1 April 1910 [Enclosing a list of 'Improvements' to their motor sledge, as authorised by Scott] holograph
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 15 Bernard Day/Correspondence
- Dates of Creation1910-1911
- Name of Creator
- Physical DescriptionCirca 6 letters
- Direct Link
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The correspondence relates to the British Antarctic Expedition, 1910-1913 (leader Robert Falcon Scott) and to the motor sledges which were developed and used on the expedition.
The correspondence is arranged alphabetically by recipient.