Annotated scrapbook of photographs, press cuttings, cards and tickets, with manuscript recollections of the sinking of the torpedoed transport 'Aragon' on 30 December 1917 (May 1916-January 1918); Book of Common Prayer and copy of The British Soldier's Testament (nd); 11 photographs and picture postcards (December 1914-October 1917, nd); Embroidered Christmas card (nd).
Norman Allinson papers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Liddle Collection EP 001
- Dates of Creation1914-1918
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 file; manuscript, photographs, press cuttings, postcards, and printed material. Includes a Christmas card and tickets.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Norman Clifford Allinson was a Driver with the ASC (Army Service Corps) (Motor Transport) and later Light Armoured Motor Battery, serving in Egypt/Palestine.
Conditions Governing Access
Access is unrestricted.
The papers were placed in the Collection by Mrs Crow.
Other Finding Aids
Egypt/Palestine catalogue (hard copy) http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/liddle/index.htm
Alternative Form Available