The Wesley and Methodist Studies Centre holds the Wesley Historical Society Library which covers primarily the history and beliefs of the Methodist Church in Britain through its different branches, as well as related topics and world Methodism.
Wesley Historical Society Library
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3203 WHSL
- Former ReferenceGB 2620 WHSL
- Dates of Creation18th century onwards
- Name of Creator
- Physical DescriptionIn excess of 10,000 items. The WMSC consists mainly of hardcopy material, though additional holdings include material in microform.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Wesley Historical Society Library.
The WMSC collection is available for reference by prior arrangement Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. General reference material in the WMSC collection is on open access, though most is in reserved stacks, and is available on request.
Other Finding Aids
Library OPAC. There is also a card catalogue for the WMSC collection.
Conditions Governing Use
Items in the WMSC collection of a fragile nature may not be suitable for copying.
The Wesley Historical Society Library has been located at the WMSC since 1992, and was previously at Southlands College, London and City Road, London.
The WMSC aims to extend all areas of the current collection.