- Ledger of accounts 1894-1898;
- Register of the Dr S J Moore Convalescent Home for Nurses 1901-1956;
- Register of the Dr S J Moore Convalescent Home for Nurses - cottage 1901-1903;
- Deed of Constitution and Trust of The Doctor Samuel Johnston Moore Convalescent Home for Nurses 1898;
- Petition by the Trustees and Governors of Dr S J Moore Convalescent Home for Nurses to the Court of Session, Scotland, proposing sale of the heritable property of the Trust and Home adding the proceeds to the general trust fund 1956;
- Inventory and valuation of the Moore House, Busby, dated 30 Oct 1956, work done by Messrs. McGrigor Donald & Co., Solicitors in Glasgow 1956
- Correspondence re: the proposed sale of the heritable property of the Trust and Home 1956;
- Constitution of the The Doctor Samuel Johnston Moore Convalescent Home for Nurses (23 copies) 1956;
- Annual Report of Hazelwood House (Nurses?? Memorial to King Edward VII)1976.
Records of Dr Samuel Johnston Moore's Trust, convalescent home for nurses, Glasgow, Scotland
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The Dr Samuel Johnston Moore Convalescent Home for Nurses was constituted in 1898 to carry out a bequest contained in the will of Dr Samuel Johnston Moore, who died in 1894. It's purpose was to be a short-term convalescent home for sick nurses. In 1956 sale of the heritable property of the Trust and Home took place, with the proceeds going into the general trust fund entitled Dr Samuel Johnston Moore Trust for Nurses.
The arrangement of this material reflects the original order in which it was received.
Conditions Governing Access
Other Finding Aids
Digital file level list available in searchroom.
Alternative Form Available
No known copies
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
None which affect the use of this material
Conditions Governing Use
Applications for permission to quote should be sent to the Archivist.
Reproduction subject to usual conditions: educational use and condition of documents.
This material has been appraised in line with standard GB 0248 procedures
Location of Originals
This material is original
No known publications using this material
Description compiled in line with the following international standards: International Council on Archives, ISAD(G) Second Edition, September 1999 and National Council on Archives, Rules for the construction of personal, place and corporate names
Fonds level description compiled by Andrew Thomson, Hub Project Archivist, 22 October 2004.