Labour and account book of a country estate, showing wages paid and workdone, in the mansion, garden and farm. Also estate accounts and a weatherdiary.
LINTON PARK ESTATE LINTONKENT
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb97-collmisc0065
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 97 COLL MISC 0065
- Dates of Creation1875
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical DescriptionOne volume
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Linton Park Estate is a 18th century landscape park. It was originally calledCapells Court, and dates back to the mid-13th century . The Mayne family,wealthy broadcloth merchants, purchased the estate in the late 1500's. In theearly 18th century the estate was bought by the Mann family, who extensivelyremodelled the house and estate. The Mann family held the estate until 1935.The estate now in divided ownership. One of the present owners is Linton Parkplc, wine farmers.
Conditions Governing Access
Other Finding Aids
No further listrequired
Conditions Governing Use