This sub sub fonds has been divided into 6 series as follows:
- Faculty Papers, 1620-1992. Faculty & Archdeacons Certificates, 1993-1999 [FAC]. The documents in these faculty files comprise for the most part petitions, citations, commissions to view, certificates, plans and estimates, copies of faculties and occasional correspondence. The files have of course survived in varying degrees of completeness. There are very few plans before the end of the 18th century.
- Archdeacons [Faculty] Certificates, 1987-1992 [Fac.Cert].
- Faculty Books, 1737-1983 [Fac.Bk]. The early registers not only include faculties, sequestrations and relaxation orders, but also licences for parish clerks, schoolmasters, surgeons and midwives, commissions for granting marriage licences, caveats and dissenters' meeting-house certificates.
- Faculties not proceeded with, c1900-1967 [Fac.NP]. Files of faculty papers, plans, correspondence relating to applications that were not proceeded with. Unlisted.
- Draft Faculty papers, 1858-1911 [Fac.DRAFT]
- Unidentified faculty papers, n.d. [c19th century] [Fac.UNID].