- Bills of quantities 1897-1955
- Survey notebooks 1947
- Survey drawings 1932-1934
- Forms of tender 1955
- Planning reports 1945-1951
- Examination material 1938
- Schedule of professional charges 1935-1948
- Schedule of prices 1939
- General Conditions of Contract and Specification 1938-1954
- Certificate of Associateship of Faculty of Architects and Surveyors - D MacFarlane Doig 1936
- Photograph showing D MacFarlane Doig in RICS delegation 1964
Records of Doig and Smith, chartered surveyors, Scotland
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The chartered surveying business of Doig & Smith was founded in 1936 by David Doig CBE. The firm provides consultancy advice. The main office is situated in Glasgow but there are also premises in Edinburgh and London. Doig & Smith specialise in quality surveying, building surveying, project management, facilities management and construction law. Source: Doig & Smith website at http://www.doigandsmith.co.uk/Pages/Home.htm
Chronological within record series
Conditions Governing Access
Other Finding Aids
Digital file level list available in searchroom
Alternative Form Available
No known copies
Fonds level description compiled by Vikki Laidlaw, Hub Project Assistant, 23 February 2006.
Conditions Governing Use
Applications for permission to quote should be sent to the Archivist.
Reproduction subject to usual conditions: educational use and condition of documents.
This material has been appraised in line with standard GB 248 procedures
Further accruals expected from the company who still have custody of various personal records, financial records, partnership agreements, and contract books.
Location of Originals
This material is original
No known publications using this material