Pastoral poem beginning "A silly Sheapheard in Arcadia dwelt", in alternate-rhyme pentameter quatrains (28, followed by concluding pair of alexandrine couplets); ending "The Earthe my sober End, & quiet Pilgrimage".
Pastoral poem, "A silly Sheapheard in Arcadia dwelt"
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Brotherton Collection MS Lt q 33
- Dates of Creationca.1630
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description4 pp. With smudges and corrections, including omitted line interpolated: probably a copy. Conjugate folios. Watermark narrow, ending at tail with a "decrescent". Lines 23, 54 and 88 are badly affected by holes frayed in a former horizontal fold; page nos. 1 and 2 removed by corners being torn away.