Baxter’s positions concerning government (20 in number) and the obligations of the Constitution, with the disavowal of contrary principles. In Baxter’s hand. Written soon after the publication of J. Gauden’s edition of Richard Hooker’s, 1666.
Baxter on Government and the Constitution
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
Scope and Content
DWL/RB/1/217 is a copy of this item in another hand.
Other Finding Aids
Argent / Black iv.131; Thomas p.12
- Gauden’s edition of Hooker’s 'Of the lawes of ecclesiasticall politie' was first published in 1662. It included a life of Hooker by Gauden. It was re-published in 1666 but with a life of Hooker by Izaak Walton, replacing Gauden’s.
- For Richard Hooker (1554–1600) see Corr 857, 912, 925, 1077, 1106 and ODNB.
- For John Gauden (1599/1600?–1662), see Corr 602,644 674, 698, 1077 and ODNB.