‘Sir Thomas Hunks having wasted his estate, & having divers sons & daughters, left his Lady (Sister to the Lord Conways ffather) a widdow in Ireland.’ f 379v: ‘Mr Baxter’s Case wth the Ld Conway. numb. 4. Ri: Baxter’
Baxter’s case with Lord Conway
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 123 DWL/RB/1/144
- Former ReferenceGB 123 Treatises iv.110(1)
- Dates of Creation?1656
- Physical Descriptionf 379, 307 x 198 mm.
Scope and Content
Black records this as 'Showing the relation of Baxter’s mother-in-law [she is actually his step-mother] (see Rel. i. 12, iii. 189) whom he had many years supported to the Lord Conway, who was the Executor of her mother Lady Conway’s sister; and alleging the detention of a legacy.'
Other Finding Aids
Argent / Black iv.110(1)
See Corr 305, 307, 308 and 323.
- For Edward, 2nd Viscount Conway (1594-1655) see ODNB.
- For Edward, 3rd Viscount and 1st Earl of Conway(1623-83) see McElligott and ODNB.
- For Thomas Hunck(e)s see Corr 305, 1075
- For Mary Baxter (née Huncks), Baxter’s stepmother see Corr 54, 76, 305, 323, 731, 802, 1064 and 1075. See also Treatises iv, 110 (2), (3) and v, 185