Middle portion of a letter to Henry Dodwell, of which the first two sheets are Letters, vi. 100-101, and the last sheet, Letters, vi. 250. Part in Baxter’s hand. Includes arithmetical notes.
Portion of a letter to Henry Dodwell
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
Scope and Content
Other Finding Aids
Argent xxii.386; Thomas p.16; British Library, Egerton ff 113-114 (being the original)
- Printed in Rel. iii. 189 and is part of Corr 1007.
- The whole is printed in Baxter’s An answer to Mr. Dodwell and Dr. Sherlocke (1682) (AGM 107), 100-118
- which followed his An apology for the nonconformists ministry: containing I. The reasons of their preaching … which had added to it a postscript upon oral debates with Mr. H. Dodwell, against his reasons for their silence (1681).
- Isaac Barrow published his A discourse concerning the unity of the Church in 1680.
- For Henry Dodwell (1641-1711) see Corr 900, 902, 908, 909, 915, 931, 962, 1007, 1057, 1058, 1061, 1066, 1068, 1070, 1079, 1083, 1087 and ODNB.
- For William Sherlock(e) (1641?-1707), from 1691 Dean of St Paul’s, London, see Corr 938, 941, 1079, 1081, 1174, McElligott and ODNB.