Propositions agreed on by the Associated Ministers of the county of Worcester, and some adjacent parts. So entitled in Baxter’s Christian concord: or the agreement of the associated pastors and churches of Worcestershire (London: 1653, quarto) pp. 5-17. The names are omitted in the print; but occur in the smaller edition of 1656 in a different order, in English, augmented to the number of 59 subscribers. See also Treatise vii.252. The piece ends: propositions agreed on by the Associated Ministers of the county of Worcester, and some adjacent parts. So entitled in Baxter’s Christian concord: or the agreement of the associated pastors and churches of Worcestershire (London: 1653, quarto) pp. 5-17. Title from Christian concord, 1653 (AGM 7). The names are omitted in the print; but occur in the smaller edition of 1656 in a different order, in English, augmented to the number of 59 subscribers. The propositions are signed in Latin by Baxter and seventeen others: Richard Baxter Pastor Ecclesiæ Kedermonasteriensis, Char: Nott pastor de Shelslay, John Boraston Pastor de Ribsford cum Bewdley, Hen: Osland Pastor Ecclesiæ apud Beaudleia, Ric: Beeston pastor of Breedon, Ægidius Collier Pastor Eccliae apud Blocklienses, Thomas Wright pastor de Hartlebury, Geo: Hopkins pastor Ecclesiæ in Eveshamia, Jonathan Grant pastor de Astley, Johannes Dolphin pastor Eccliae apud Honibornienses, Jarvis Bryan Pastor Ecclesiæ de Swinford Vetere, Richardus Dowley pastor de Stoake-Prior, Joseph Trebell pastor Eccliæ de Church Lench, Richardus Serjeant presbyter Ecclesiæ qe est apud Kederminster, Andreas Tristram pastor Ecclesiæ de Clent, Thomas Mitton de Hightington, Richardus Wolley minister of Salwarp, Cornelius Woodward Ecclesiæ de Peopleton pastor.
Opositions agreed on by the Associated Ministers of Worcestershire
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
Scope and Content
See also DWL/RB/1/304.
Other Finding Aids
Argent / Black iv.78, Thomas p.8
For identification of the authors see ‘The Worcestershire Association’ by G. F. Nuttall in JEH, i, p. 197 ff. See also Rel. i. 112.
- For Richard Beeston (d 1684) see CR.
- For John Boraston (d 1688) see VCH Worcs iv. 313 and Corr 105, 162, 299, 470.
- For Jarvis Bryan (Brian) (d 1689) see CR and Corr 65, 71, 84, 143, 181, 200, 262, 299, 845, 946, 1128.
- For Giles Collier (Collyer) (bap 1622-78) see ODNB and Corr 215, 299, 470.
- For John Dolphin see WR and corr 216, 299
- For Richard Dowley (Darley) (bap 1622-1702) see CR, ODNB and Corr 1128.
- For Jonathan Grant (d 1681) see CR.
- For George Hopkins (1620-66) see CR and Corr 108, 210, 216, 252, 299, 408, 470, 1197.
- For Charles Nott see W Urwick Nonconformity in Worcester (1897) p 171
- For Henry Oasland (Os(e)land, Oslen) (bap 1625-1703) see CR, ODNB and Corr 133, 139, 154, 162, 181, 200, 262, 273, 286, 299, 335, 479, 614, 798, 799, 804, 1181, 1186.
- For Richard Serjeant (Sargeant) (d1695-6), Baxter’s assistant in Kidderminster, see CR and Corr 48, 102, 103, 165, 238, 290, 333, 348, 426, 651, 676, 777, 799, 946, 1064.
- For Joseph Treble (Trebell) (d 1702) see CR and Corr 273, 299, 470.
- For Andrew Tristram (Trusham) (d 1682) see CR and Corr 262, 273, 299, 946.
- For Cornelius Woodward (d 1666) see CR.
- For Richard Woolley (d 1673 or later) see CR.
- For Thomas Wright (of Hartlebury) (d 1702) see CR and Corr 181, 200, 470.