A Worcester Association paper on the 'Church of Christ' and its reformation in conjunction with 'neighbouring churches'.‘The Preface Seing the sincere making, & keeping of our Covenant, with God, in Christ, is a chief part of the Christian Religion.’ The paper is subscribed by numerous ministers: ‘Richard Baxter de Kederminster, William Spicer de Stone, John Boraston de Ribsford in Bewdley, Samuel Smith de Kinver, Thomas Wright de Hartlebury, Henrie Osland de Bewdley, Andrew Tristram de Clent, Richardus Serjeant de Kederminster, Thomas Baldwin de Wolverly, Thomas Mitton de Hightington, Thomas Easton Eccliæ Batsfordiensis Pastor, Ægidius Collier Ecclesiae Blockliensis Pastor, William Bridges Minister of Harvington, Geo: Hopkins, Tho: Mathew Ecclesiæ Eveshamiensis Pastores, Johan: Dolphin Ecclesiæ Honiborniensis Pastor. Gulielm Willes Pastor Ecclesiæ Cleeve Prior. Josephe Trebell Ecclesiæ Church Lenchiensis, ffrances Reynolds Minister of Bishampton, Richardus Wolley de Salwarpe’
A Worcester Association paper
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
Scope and Content
- Compare the signatures in Treatise iv, 78.
- For Boraston, Collier, Dolphin, Hopkins, Mitton, Oasland, Serjeant, Trebell, Tristram, Wolley and Wright see Treatises iv, 78
Other Finding Aids
Argent / Black vii.252 (also listed as vii.54); Thomas p.8
- For identification of the authors see ‘The Worcestershire Association’ by G. F. Nuttall in JEH, i, p. 197 ff.
- For Thomas Baldwin of Wolverley and Chaddesley Corbett see CR and DWL/RB/1/59.
- For William Bridges, Francis Reynolds and William Willes see W Urwick Nonconformity in Worcester (1897) p 169-70
- For Thomas Matthews see CR
- For William Spicer see WR