This is the bill of David Williams for costs accumulated in in the prosecuting Baxter's discharge from the King's Bench in 1686. Sheet includes Baxter's marginal notes refuting the validity of these exorbitant costs.
Money expended in prosecuting Baxter’s discharge from prison
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
Scope and Content
Other Finding Aids
Argent / Black iv.127; Thomas p.21
- Printed in Powicke, ii, pp. 286-287. This is the bill of David Williams, mentioned in Baxter’s letter to Lord Powis, 21 Dec. 1686: Letters, iii, f 280 [Corr 1170].
- For Sir William Herbert, 3rd Baron, 1st earl, 1st marquess, and titular duke of Powis (c 1626-1696), a Roman Catholic and Jacobite, see McElligott, Corr 1152, 1161, 1162, 1163, 1164, 1165, 1166, 1167, 1170, 1171, 1172, 1182 and ODNB.
- For David Williams see Corr 1160-73.