Sections 205-344 of the third part, forming quire ‘4’. Not paged, but headed by Baxter himself. A like note occurs in Sylvester’s handwriting: by whom the last paragraph is numbered ‘332’. The number of the next intended paragraph is set down ‘345’ but the rest of the leaf is left blank. Printed in Rel. iii. 87-177. A marginal note dated 1684-5 occurs at f 55. (Now folio 103). The letter to Dr Good (dated ‘London, Feb 20. 1673’) is inserted between ff 56-59 on a sheet of smaller paper in William Baxter’s handwriting. (Now missing from Treatises xxii). See the note about Dr Good among Baxter’s MS Letters.
Sections from Reliquiae Baxterianae
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 123 DWL/RB/1/409
- Alternative Id.GB 58 Egerton ff 40-62
- Former ReferenceGB 123 Treatises viii.289 Treatises xxii.363 (1)
- Dates of Creation1600-1699
- Physical DescriptionFacsimiles, vol. I, ff 79-96, ff 103-123
Scope and Content
Other Finding Aids
Argent / Black xxii.363(1); Thomas p.13; British Library, Egerton ff 40-62 (being the original)
- Rel. iii. 87-109 (§§191-256). Narrative. Beginning at Rel. iii. 87, §191, l. 6.
- For Thomas Good (1609-78) see Corr 136, 946, WR and ODNB.