Certificate of the Westminster Assembly of Divines approving Baxter’s appointment at Kidderminster. Original. '‘According to an Order dated the 9th of October 1647 from the Comittee of the Citty and County of Worcester concerning Mr Richard Baxter to gaine the approbation of the Assembly of divines for his fittness to officiate the Cure of the Vicaridg of Kederminster in the County aforesaid.’ f 402r: ‘Adoniram Byfield scriba.’
Certificate of the Westminster Assembly approving Baxter for Kidderminster
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 123 DWL/RB/1/161
- Former ReferenceGB 123 Treatises iv.122(b)
- Dates of Creation30 March 1648
- Physical Descriptionf 402 (f 402v is blank), 310 x 200 mm.
Scope and Content
Other Finding Aids
Argent / Black iv.122(b); Thomas p. 5
For other Westminster Assembly items see Thomas’ section 8: ‘Undated papers’, p. 25-28. For Adoniram Byfield (d 1658x60), scribe to the assembly, see Corr 170 and ODNB.