An act for further securing the Protestant religion by education of the children of the Royal family therein and providing for the continuance of a Protestant Clergy. Written by a different hand from the two previous articles in this sequence but apparently one of Morrice’s papers.
An Act for securing the Protestant succession
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 123 DWL/RB/1/225
- Former ReferenceGB 123 Treatises v.180 Treatises v.50
- Dates of CreationMarch 1667
- Physical Description11 folio; ff 278-287 (ff 284-287 are blank); 308 x 193 mm.
Scope and Content
See also similar documents found amongst Baxter’s unbound papers. The bill referred to foundered and was not enacted.
Other Finding Aids
Argent / Black v.180 (also listed as v.50); Thomas p.16
- See Lords’ Journal, xiii, p. 56; Historical Manuscripts Commission, 9th Report, pt. II, p. 81. See also The Entring Book of Roger Morrice 1677-1691 Volume II The Reign of Charles II 1677-1685 ed. J Spurr (Woodbridge 2007) 162-9, where this bill is reproduced in full.