Declaration of ministers to the King on ecclesiastical matters. This Address was presented to the King at Whitehall, November 16. by a number of ministers listed therein '(…) Sa. Clarke, Tho. Case, Jo. Rawlinson, Jo. Sheffield, Tho. Gouge, Gab. Sanger, Will. Cooper, Will. Whitaker, Tho. Jacomb, Tho. Lye,Jo. Jackson, Jo. Meriton Eli. Pledger, Will. Bates, Jo. Gibbon, Mat. Poole, with many others.’
Papers on church government and other topics
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
Scope and Content
Other Finding Aids
Argent / Black iii.62(11); Thomas p.8
- For all these ministers, save Sanger and Meriton, see CR.
- For Clarke, Case, Rawlinson, Gouge, Sanger, Cooper, Jacomb(e), Jackson, Bates, Gibbon, and Poole see Corr.
- For Clarke, Case, Sheffield, Gouge, Sanger, Cooper, Whitaker, Jacomb(e), Lye, Jackson, Bates, Poole see ODNB. .
- For Meriton see McElligott.For Sheffield (d1680) see also ‘Two John Sheffields’ in Transactions of the Congregational Historical Society XI (1932) 201-227 and 301..