Extract from John Hales 'Abuses of hard places of Scripture' .On the subject of the Book of Revelation and the part the Catholic Church plays in its realisation.
Baxter on the Book of Revelation (2)
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 123 DWL/RB/1/193
- Former ReferenceGB 123 Treatises v.21 Treatises v.152(2)
- Dates of Creationc 1685
- Physical Description4 folio, ff 97-100 (ff 98-100 are blank; ff 99-100 are uncut.); 196 x 156 mm.
Scope and Content
Argent notes: 'Hales was known for his appeal for toleration and identified pride and passion, rather than adherence to conscience, as causing separation between Christians.'
Other Finding Aids
Argent / Black v.152(2) (also listed as v.21); Thomas p.21
For John Hales (1584-1656), a fellow of Eton College, who published a sermon entitled Abuses of Hard Places of Scripture (Oxford 1617) (also known as Sermon preached at St Maries in Oxford upon Tuesday in Easter weeke, 1617) see Corr 1017, WR and ODNB.