Microfilms of the muniments of Berkeley Castle.
Microfilms of Muniments of Berkeley Castle, Gloucestershire
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb161-mss.filmdep.673-5,691-6,912
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Film dep. 673-5, 691-6, 912
- Dates of Creation20th century (copies of originals from 12th-20th centuries)
- Language of MaterialEnglish, and Latin.
- Physical Description10 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Berkeley Castle was completed by Lord Maurice Berkeley in 1153. Since then it has been the home of the Berkeley family.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The microfilms were deposited by the Trustees of the will of the late Earl of Berkeley in 1962, 1963 and 1965.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
A full description is available in the Library.
Conditions Governing Use
For permission to publish this material application must be made to F.R.R.A. Wheatley, Esq., Messrs. Boodle, Hatfield and Co., 53 Davies Street, Grosvenor Square, London, W1Y 2BL.
The originals are held by the Trustees of the Berkeley Castle Muniments, c/o Gloucestershire Record Office.