The collection contains letters and notebooks relating to various mathematical subjects and general correspondence 1864-1867.
1-4. Letters to Augustus de Morgan, mostly about mathematical books and the history of the signs + and -.
1. John Bellingham Inglis, September 15 1864
2-4. John Thomas Graves, September 20 and 27, October 8 1864
5-7. Items concerning John Dawson of Sedbergh
5. Thomas Harrison, April 18 1867
6. Edward Cust, September 9 1867
7. Short biography of John Dawson, manuscript copy of article in the 'Kendal Times', November 24 1866
8. MS notes by Augustus de Morgan, mostly concerned with mathematical books and the first use of the signs + and -.
Together with 14 request slips for books in the British Museum, one dated 1854 and the rest 1864.