Pinter Archive. Arts world correspondence; 1981-1983. Add MS 88880/6/37 and Add MS 88880/6/35 were originally parts of one lever arch file ['Arts 3'].
1. Correspondence relating to the National Theatre, including H Pinter's resignation as an associate and the publication of Peter Hall's diaries. Includes correspondence with Peter Hall, Max Rayne. Includes letters from Peter Gill, Michael Blakemore; 27 May 1981-6 Dec. 1983.
2. 'Betrayal' (film). Includes letters from Philip Roth, Guy Vaesen, Claire Tomalin, Nick Hern, Peter Nichols, Ian McEwan. Includes letters to Daniel Massey, Michael Gambon; 16 Nov. 1981-17 Nov. 1983.
3. Brown University honorary degree; 7 Nov. 1981-8 April 1982.
4. Ennio Flaiano award; 16 April 1982-30 July 1982.
5. 'Arthur Wellard' (prose). Includes letters from Alan Ross, Frank Muir; 9 Dec. 1980-19 Dec. 1983.