- Logbook of meetings and issues covered by Sir James Fawcett, Legal Council,IMF, September 1957- November 1959.
- Annotated file of IMF papers on capital transfers and currency exchanges.
FAWCETT SIR JAMES EDMUND SANDFORD1913-1991 PRESIDENT OF EUROPEAN COMMISSION OF HUMAN RIGHTS
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 97 COLL MISC 0844
- Dates of Creation1957-1959
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical DescriptionTwo folders
- Direct Link
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Sir James Fawcett (1913-1991)
Fawcett was educated at Rugby School and New College, Oxford. He was calledto the Bar in 1938. During World War II (1939-1945) he served in the RoyalNavy. Fawcett was Assistant Legal Adviser to FO, 1945-1950 (to UK Delegationto UN and British Embassy, Washington, 1948-1950); Gen. Counsel, IMF,1955-1960; Fellow of All Souls College, Oxford, 1960-1969; Director ofStudies, RIIA, 1969-1973; Professor of International Law, King's College,London, 1976-80, Emeritus Professor 1980. Member, Inst. of Internat. Law,1973-; Chairman, British Institute of Human Rights, 1977-1981. Pres., UKImmigrants Advisory Service, 1985-. His publications include:
- British Commonwealth in International Law (1963)
- International Law and the Uses of Outer Space(1968)
- The Law of Nations(1968)
- The Application of the European Convention on Human Rights(1969)
- International Economic Conflicts(1977)
- Law and Power in International Relations(1981)
- Outer Space: new perspectives(1984)
Conditions Governing Access
Other Finding Aids
No further listrequired
Conditions Governing Use