The majority of this archive material relates to the book Designing on the Loom by Mary Kirby in the How to Do It (The Studio Publications 1955). Where this is the case, the relevant plate numbers are noted in the collection's catalogue.
The archive consists of:
- Woven textiles samples, many of which relate to plates in the book
- Photographs, photographic proofs and preliminary layouts relating to the plates and pages in the book
- Various proof pages and copies of the book, in print and typescript
- Annotated proof sheets for weaving plans included in the book
- Miscellaneous photographs and documents