- UGD 364/1 Press releases 1980-1993;
- UGD 364/2 speeches 1985-1989 ;
- UGD 364/3 minutes and papers of CBI Scotland 1993-1996;
- UGD 364/4 magazines, pamphlets and brochures 1990s;
- UGD 364/4/1 CBI Scotland News 1992-1996;
- UGD 364/4/2 CBI Scotland - Annual Dinner brochures 1995-1996;
- UGD 364/4/3 CBI Scotland - Scottish Business Agenda c1995;
- UGD 364/4/4 ‘Scottish Manufacturing Profile’, brochure by CBI Scottish Manufacturing Group, c1990s
- UGD298 CBI pamphlets, 20th century.
Records of the Confederation of British Industry, business association, United Kingdom
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 248 UGD 298 and UGD 364
- Dates of Creation1980-1996
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description7.15 metres
- Direct Link
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The CBI was set up in 1965 and works to promote business interests by lobbying and advising governments, networking with other businesses and creating intelligence through analysis of government policies and compilation of statistics, both in the United Kingdom and internationally.
arranged in series
Conditions Governing Access
Open, except for UGD364/3, UGD364/4 which have restricted access conditions.
Deposit : Paul Walker : 2006: ACCN 1535
Other Finding Aids
Digital file level list available in searchroom for UGD364.
UGD 298 is uncatalogued.
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
None which affect the use of this material
Conditions Governing Use
Applications for permission to quote should be sent to the Archivist.
Reproduction subject to usual conditions: educational use and condition of documents.
The material has been appraised in line with standard GB 0248 procedures.
With CBI Scotland until deposit with GUAS
Location of Originals
The material is original, but copies of publications may exist in libraries.
No known publications using this material