Letters to Richard and George Bentley, 1829-89.
Letters to Richard and George Bentley, Publishers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb161-mss.eng.lett.d.90,d.100,e.25
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Eng. lett. d. 90, d. 100, e. 25
- Dates of Creation1829-89
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description3 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Richard Bentley (1794-1871) and his son George (1828-1895) were both publishers. Details are given in the Dictionary of National Biography.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The letters were bought at Hodgeson's in 1946.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. I, nos. 41641-3.