A collection of 35mm photographic negatives of work done by Halkyn District United Mines, 1937-1938. The negatives were taken over by Mr P. Wild (Courtaulds' photographer) when the company acquired a controlling interest in the mine in 1958. There are over 200 shots, many of them duplicates, the majority being of the following:
1. Penybryn Shaft, Halkyn Mountain.
2. Penybryn Shaft, Mill and dressing plant, tailings dumps.
3. New Shaft - construction of headframe on the Pantymwyn Vein, north of Gwernaffield.
4. Various underground shots, including rockdrills, Milwr Tunnel, installation of compressor, etc.
5. Olwyn Goch shaft, Rhydymwyn, and adjacent buildings.
6. Work on the bed of the River Alyn below Loggerheads to prevent water sinking into the mine.
7. Various devices concerned with filling cartridges for blasting, demonstrating stemming techniques, etc.
A detailed list, frame by frame, is filed with the negatives (D/DM/524/1) and with specimen prints (D/DM/524/2).