The company, incorporated by the Halkyn District Mines Drainage Act, 1875, extended the Halkyn Deep Level (begun in 1818) to unwater mines in Halkyn, Cilcain, Northop and Mold. It later extended the Milwr Tunnel (begun in 1897) and was worked in conjunction with the Holywell-Halkyn Mining & Tunnel Co. and Halkyn District United Mines until the Halkyn mines closed in 1987. As an important source of water for industry it was purchased by Welsh Water PLC in 1992 and conveyed to Welsh Water Industrial Services in 1993.
HALKYN DISTRICT MINES DRAINAGE CO.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 208 D-DM/1228
- Dates of Creation1904-1968
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description13 items
Scope and Content
Please order documents using the alternative reference number (where provided).
Records deposited on indefinite loan, 13th April 1994 (AN 2940).