Discharge certificate (18 October 1918); Manuscript and typescript recollections 'What it was like to serve, 1914-1918' (April-October 1972); Manuscript poem 'The Pilgrims of the Night' by T.B. Clark, with note (nd, June 1973); 5 photographs (1915, nd); Typescript recollections 'The Pilgrims of the Night' by T.B. Clark (June 1973); Trench maps of Doiran and Couronne (9 July 1917, 1 September 1918); Queen Mary's Gift Box, containing five miscellaneous regimental badges (December 1914, nd); Tobacco pouch (1914); German Five Mark banknote (1914); Memorandum (12 September 1914); Manuscript poem 'The Night of the Stunt on Petit Couronne' (10 February 1917); War Badge certificate (7 November 1918); Bulgarian postcard (nd); Typescript letter from The Salonika Society (8 March 1975); Press cuttings (April-July 1971, April 1975, nd); Typed transcript of an interview recorded with Peter Liddle (April 1974); 15 letters, mainly to his parents (24 September 1915-7 June 1918).
Francis Mullins papers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Liddle Collection SAL 044
- Dates of Creation1914-1975
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish Bulgarian
- Physical Description1 file; manuscript, typescript, photographs, a postcard, press cuttings, and printed material. Includes trench maps, a gift box containing 5 badges, a tobacco pouch, and a banknote.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Francis T. Mullins was born at Honiton, Devon in 1897. As a Private, 10th Battalion, Devonshire Regiment, 26th Division, he served on the Western Front in 1915 and in Salonika from 1916.
Handlist of letters at SAL 044: Mullins, F T.
Access is unrestricted.
In English, but with a little Bulgarian.
Other Finding Aids
Salonika catalogue (hard copy) http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/liddle/index.htm
Alternative Form Available